Visiting Scholarship Programme
for Chinese Radiologists Jo Li
The ESOR Jo Li Visiting Scholarship Programme offers qualified radiologists from China the opportunity to be provided with exposure to advanced techniques, imaging protocols and practices. During three months of training the scholar will be provided with a structured, modular training on the chosen topic and will be supervised by a specialised tutor at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham, United Kingdom.
Number of available scholarships During 2016 one scholarship is available.
- This scholarship is applicable to fully qualified and practising Chinese radiologists at any stage of their career.
- Competence in producing a radiological report and communicating with clinicians and patients are essential. Knowledge of the principles of administration and management applied to a clinical department with multi-disciplinary staff and high-cost equipment are appreciated.
Previous experience in any field of special interest would be advantageous.
- Applicants must be proficient in English.
- Candidates may be interviewed prior to selection.
- ESR membership fees for 2015 must be settled.
Duration of scholarship and funding
The scholarship will start in the first half of 2016 and will last for three months (April - June). Please note that a postponement of the training period is not possible. The successful applicant will receive a grant by the Jo Li Trust. The training is offered for free. The scholar is responsible for his/her own health insurance.
Programme structureThe programme offers structured modular experience at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in the branch of cross-sectional imaging in which the scholar is specialising. This will include joining Birmingham experts in supervision and reporting, participating in Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) meetings with clinicians and pathologists, attending Quality Assurance, Audit and Clinical Governance Meetings with radiologists and radiographers. Scholars will be encouraged to contribute to ongoing local research and attend Hospital "Grand Rounds".
Certification After completion of the training programme, the resident receives a certificate from ESR/ESOR. In order to receive this, the scholar must present a written report about his/her work and activities during the programme.