ESOR Astana Tutorial
AIMThe aim of the ESOR tutorials is to further the experience of young radiologists, residents in their late years of training and board-certified radiologists, in daily radiological routine through exchange and intense teaching in the Central Asian reference centre.
The ESOR Astana Tutorial 2017 will be organised by the National Research Cardiac Surgery Centre in Astana under the chairmanship of Dr. T. Dautov, and is sponsored by Siemens Healthineers.
Number of available places
In 2017, 12 places are available.
Eligibility criteria and application process
1. The ESOR Astana Tutorial applies to young radiologists, residents in their late years of training and board-certified radiologists, who desire to get the benefit of intense teaching.
2. The ESOR Astana Tutorial is aimed at radiologists from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
3. Previous exposure in any field of special interest is advantageous.
4. ESR membership fees for 2017 must be settled.
5. To apply for the programme, applicants must send an e-mail to the ESOR Office email@example.com and provide the following documents (as PDF files):
a. Current curriculum vitae (CV)
b. Letter of motivation explaining personal interest
c. Letter of recommendation from the head of department of the current training centre or a previously undertaken academic training
d. Proof of resident status or certificate of board certification
For two weeks participants are offered practical and theoretical knowledge and the opportunity to be integrated in the activities of an academic department of radiology. The ESOR Astana Tutorial is aimed at radiologists from Central Asia, including Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
The tutorial comprises lectures on a variety of topics, covering modern diagnostic and interventional radiology. Mentored hands-on workshops in ultrasound, CT and MRI are also included. Additional exposure to issues of the broader culture of radiology is provided, addressing radiological education, departmental work-flow, quality assurance or administrative principia and qualities.
FundingHotel accommodation for up to 14 nights, meals, local transport and certificates will be provided for the participants. The flight tickets from the respective home countries to Astana have to be borne by the participants themselves.
ProgrammeDetailed programme available here!