Clinical/Research Fellowship in Paediatric Radiology
Number of available places During 2017/2018 one place will be available for a recently board-certified radiologist from a EU country or in possession of PAE test (if not from a EU country), who is a full member of ESR.
- The exchange programme applies to radiologist from a EU country or in possesion of PAE test (if not from a EU country) within the first three years after certification.
- The candidate should wish to become a fellow or subspecialise in paediatric radiology.
- He/She should have excellent knowledge of paediatric radiology and be familiar with fetal, perinatal and interventional imaging, and should have experience with imaging techniques and image interpretation of paediatric imaging.
- He/She should also have an interest and basic skills in medical database handling and scientific presentations and publications.
- Knowledge of the French language (level B2) is a definite prerequisite.
- The successful candidate will have to make himself/herself available for an interview via Skype.
- ESR membership fees for 2016 must be settled.
Please note that you can only apply for one ESOR fellowship programme and one of the available topics at once.
Duration and funding The fellowship will start on November 1st, 2017 and will last for 12 months. The fellow has to ensure his/her availability for the exact period stated as any postponement is not possible. The fellow will receive a grant (€23.000,-) directly from the training centre, which will be paid out on a monthly basis.
Based on daily learning, the trainee will familiarise him/herself with the institution's imaging equipment and with pathologies. He/She will then learn to become proficient not only at imaging examinations but also at the diagnostic strategies and choice of the diagnostic tools. In particular, it is to take into account that the X-Ray exposure is a major concern in paediatrics.
A daily short conference and/or case review by experienced staff and case-by-case hands-on teaching on routine clinical cases are the main tools for learning. Participantion in multidisciplinary meetings is also part of the activity of the fellow and will complete the learning.
The research duties are mandatory. The topic is chosen together with the trainee and under the responsibility of one of the senior. The fellow should be able to select patients, organise and monitor the examinations, collect and analyse the data, under supervision, including demographics and other clinical data and write a scientific article. Collaborations with other physicians and engeneers will be provided if they are needed.
A detailed individual programme is determined at the beginning of the fellowship in consultation with the fellow.
Certification After successful completion of the one-year training the trainee receives a certificate from ESR/ESOR and Hôpital Bicêtre. In order to receive this, the fellow must present a written report about his/her work and activities during the programme.